Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Year That Was 2010.

2010 was a challenge. It was a year I could not have gone through without having some people to lean on, and yeah, even in my stupor or drunken moments, they were there. The list begins:



mama and papa.
2010 was tough for these two. I had been the worst version of myself, coming home drunk almost every other night, been away from the house more than I have been in it. But even so, there's always my breakfast and coffee readily prepared to help me start my day. As for dad, I hit his car with mine. And he paid so much for the expenses, and as my gas consumption sky-rocketed to more than I could have afforded, they were still there. They are the best of friends, and my bestfriends as well. I love you to pieces!



chico, kai and pong.
The trio that are my siblings. Saturdays are never complete without us snuggling together in Kai's bed and watching TV for hours on end. Up until today, I still look forward to weekends because I know they're coming home and together we could watch a movie or two. And wake up to the scent of ice cream, or the lingering voices of these people who I really care so much about.



miradel bautista talaroc-capinpuyan.
My best friend who got married middle of last year. Together, Ading and JB defied the odds, gave in to life's course and somehow made it through the ups and downs. And now, with Baby Emerald slowly growing before our eyes, they are truly my couple of last year.



edrona faye s sena.
One of my closest buddies who I admire so much because of her wit, her intelligence, the nature of her job, her English proficiency, her talent in photography and the arts, and her down-to-earth, easy-to-get-along-with nature. She won Editor of the Year way back in high school, made it 2nd place to a National Contest, works now at one of the most prestigious companies in the country, but still, she never fails to attend high school reunions, small group gatherings that might be too pangkalye at some point, or take good snapshots of her inaanaks. She is truly superwoman personified.



aizza lyris c saab.
My classmate way back in grade school, block mate in college, the best friend of my ex, an acquaintance up until last year when I oriented her at our place of work. She truly is one woman to be admired. She could go from really high profile down to just a typical girl in seconds. No words could describe my katapat sa kainan. I miss you, babs, even if we're just a stone's throw away from each other!









my PMH family.
The best people who saw me through my struggles, achievements, failures, criticisms, success, drunkenness and sobriety. The people who never judged, who became my beacon of hope, who inspired me and made me the nurse I am today. Thank you, PMH family. You have been the light I was dying to see.

I know the aforementioned people are just a fraction of a greater whole. 2010 had been a whirlwind of emotions. And as I begin this year, I want this post to be a reminder of the person I had been. And who I had been with. I'm looking forward to more years with you together! If 2010 was good, I hope this year would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment